While it comes to dieting, people find various excuses. One such excuse is that they have no time to prepare the food. It may be possible that you genuinely don’t have time because of your busy work schedule. So I have come up with a recipe that does not involve any cooking and doesn’t take much time to prepare. It is overnight oats. You can prepare them a night before and take them7 with you. It can be an ideal lunch for your husband or for yourself.
Oats are a rich source of protein, carbs and fibre. They are also a good source of complex carbohydrates which provide lots of energy to the body. As these aren’t simple sugars like processed flour or sugar, they last longer and give you the feeling of fullness.
- Gluten free oats
- Cinnamon powder
- Flax seeds (roasted and grinded)
- Chea seeds (optional)
- Sliced or chopped apple
- Mix 2 tbsp of oats in bowl full of curd. Here, we have taken the small curd bowl which is easily available in the market. Add more or less oats as per your requirement. You can add little water to the curd in order to get desired consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder to it.
- Grind flax seeds and then roast them. Put 1 tbsp of flax seeds to the mixture.
- 1 tbsp chea seeds can also be added to make our oats rich in protein and fibre. If you want you can skip adding flax seeds and chea seeds.
- Keep it overnight and serve with sliced apple.
This recipe does not involve any cooking which makes it ideal for everybody. This is an ideal weight loss recipe during summers. If you are following it in winters then replace curd with milk and add little cinnamon powder.
If you are travelling and want to eat something healthy that is easy to make then this recipe is perfect for it. You can carry your oats and buy curd on the way. In this way you will be able to eat healthy and will stick to your diet.
You can add banana, dates and pomegranate to the oats if you are not eating these oats for weight loss.
Whether you are on a weight loss diet or not, oats are your perfect go to cereal. They are loaded with goodness of many nutrients. They will satiate your hunger and will be good for your health.